Sunday, August 05, 2007

Directions to Our Father's House.

Post 277 - - - - - Sunday, 5th August, 2007.

Hi Everyone ~~ I hope you have had or are still having a lovely weekend.
It has been quite a good one here. I had visitors yesterday to watch a
football match on Pay TV and another friend also called, so I just lost the
day yesterday. A break is as good as a holiday, I guess.

Now to photos for tonight - a strange mixture - - -


This delightful child is my father in a very early photo.



Peter aged 10 on a horse at my grandmother's place. We
holidayed there, at Myrtleford, Victoria in a caravan. Christmas, 1946.




Me aged about 15 at my Aunt's place in Nathalia
where I met my first husband. Peter has named
this one incorrectly as Elsie instead of Merle.


My mother lived next to us at Nathalia and she grew wonderful
dahlias a lot of the time. They were huge and lovely. Mum is on
the left, with two of her sisters, Auntie Pearl and Auntie Annie.
Sadly, none of them are with us any more. Mum was one of ten
2 boys and 8 girls and I loved them all and their families.


Tonight I have an item sent to me by my dear friend Jeanette. It is called
"Directions to Our Father's House." Hope you enjoy. Thanks Jan.

Make a Right onto Believeth Blvd.
Keep straight and go through the Green Light, which is Jesus Christ.
There you must turn onto the Bridge of Faith, which is over troubled waters.
Wjen you get off the bridge, make a Right turn and keep Straight.
You are on the King's Highway - Heaven - bound.
Keep going for three miles: One for the Father, One for the Son and
One for the Holy Ghost.
Then exit onto Grace Blvd.
From there make a Right turn on Gospel Lane.
Keep Straight and then make another Right on Prayer Road.
As you go on your way, Yield Not to the traffic on Temptation Ave.
Also, avoid SIN STREET because it is a DEAD END.
Pass up Envy Drive, and Hate Avenue.
Also pass Hypocrisy Street, Gossiping Lane and Backbiting Blvd.
However, you have to go down Long-suffering Lane, Persecution Blvd
and Trials and Tribulations Ave,
But that's all right, because VICTORY Street is straight ahead.

Amen.
Send these directions to your family and friends so they will not get lost.

Life is God's gift to you, The way you live it .. . . is your gift to God.
<><><>

This one was sent by my friend Warren

It is called How to avoid the Flu. Thanks, Warren.

Eat right !

Make sure you get your daily dose of fruit and veggies.

Get plenty of exercise, because exercise helps build up your
Immune system.

Walk for at least an hour a day, go for a swim,
take the stairs instead og the elevator, etc.

Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle
of antibacterial stuff around.

Get lots of fresh air. Open doors and windows whenever possible.

Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.
Get plenty of rest,

OR

Take the doctor's approach.

Think about it . . . When you go for a shot, what do they do first ?
They clean your arm with alcohol . . . WHY ?

Because Alcohol KILLS GERMS . . . . . . SO . . . . . .

I walk to the liquor store -(exercise)
I put lime in my Corona . . (fruit)
Celery in my Bloody Mary - (veggies)
Drink outdoors on the bar patio . . (fresh air)
Tell jokes, laugh . . .(eliminate stress)
Then pass out . . (rest)
The way I see it . . . .

If you keep your alcohol levels up, flu germs can't get you !!

Live well -- Laugh Often -- Love Much.
<><>

Another from Warren that starts off a bit naughty but is saved by
the punch line.


One night, after a couple had retired for the night, the woman
became aware that her husband was touching her in a most
unusual manner. He started by running his hand across her
shoulders and the the small of her back. He ran his hands lightly
over her breasts, then proceeded to run his hand gently down her
side, sliding his hands over her stomach, and then t a point below
her waist. His hand ran further down the outside of her thighs, then
gently probing the inside of her left thigh, stopped and then returned
to do the same to her right thigh.

By this time the woman was becoming aroused and she squirmed a
little to better position herself. The man stopped abruptly and rolled
over to his side of the bed.

"Why are you stopping darling?" she whispered.

He whispered back, "I found the remote !!"
<><><.>

A man walked into a fishmonger's shop and asked to buy 6 trout.
"Certainly, sir," said the fishmonger selecting the trout. He was about
to wrap them up when the man said : "No. Please don't wrap them up
yet. Can you just gently throw them to me one by one?"
:I can," said the fishmonger. "But why?"
"Well," responded the man, "I've been fishing all night and haven't caught
anything. At least if you throw those trout to me and I catch them I can
honestly say when I get home that I've caught six trout."
<><>

Man : "My doctor has advised me to give up golf."
Friend : "Why did he examine your heart?"
Man : "No. He had a look at my score card."
<><>

In the High Street there were three shops, all in the same line of
business and standing next to one another.

Seeking to improve trade, the one on the left put up a notice :
"Old Established - only goods of quality."

The one on the right countered with : "Newly Established . . .no
old goods sold here."

The middle shop merely erected a sign stating : Main Entrance."
<><>

Owing to a strike in the meteorological office, there will be
no weather, tomorrow.
<><>

And a few quotes - - -

Beauty without virtue is like a rose without a scent.
Danish proverb.

Where we live is home that our feet may leave, but not our
hearts
. The chain may lengthen, but it never parts.
- - - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Regardless of your beliefs, nationality or allegiance,
everyone sleeps under the same canopy of stars.

Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be
useful and believe to be beautiful. - - William Morris.

Bye for now, my friends. Have a lovely day tomorrow and enjoy
the week ahead of us. Take care and be kind to one another.
Love and Best Wishes to you all. Cheerio, Merle.
Some of this printing is small, not my doing, but to enlarge it to
read, press on Ctrl and the plus sign.

Post 277 - - - - - Sunday, 5th August, 2007.
<><><><>


9 comments:

Peter said...

Hi Merle, don't bother looking for ld country music on the net, just tell me what you want,VERY good chance I'll have it.

Unknown said...

Those are neat photos, Merle. You inspire me to go back and dig through my old ones.

"Directions to Our Father's House" is rather remarkable; it makes me wish that I still wrote a church newsletter.

Lady Di Tn said...

Another good one. Lol about the fisherman and the trout. Keep those jokes coming as we all need to laugh.

The directions were great and I plan to copy them for my sister who teaches the little ladies Sunday School class.

Sorry I posted the cell phone one before you did but I was amazed it came from little brother. Also, it was food for thought.

Take care and keep warm. Oh, I love old pictures and the one of your Dad is great.

Your Mother and mine would have enjoyed discussing flowers. Mother could grow anything even on rocks.

Susie said...

Hi Merle,
Lovely photos you've shared, esp the one of your Dad!!
Those dahlia look enormous and your mom with her sisters looks so happy!
Nice to see these pieces of your past my friend!!
xo

Anonymous said...

You really had me on the remote!! Too funny.
Hope you are doing well. Sending you lots of hugs.

Connie

Kila said...

Hi, Merle!

I enjoyed the photos, especially the one of your father. Very adorable.

"Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be
useful and believe to be beautiful." Good advice!

Val said...

Control and the plus sign, eh? What a techno showoff you are, Merle! And thanks for the tip!

Jeanette said...

Dear Merle, Love all your old Photo's. Great post thank you for the link.thought you would like the directions,HAHAHA, I found the remote.
Btw. Nearly lost my cough. and will post my Bird of paradise in a few days.. I hope you get all your shopping done and dont forget your list,as I do and always come home with more thans on the list.. Lol Take care Dear Merle Hope to see you very soon, Love Janxxx

audrey` said...

Dearest Merle
"Directions to our Father's House" is so clear =)